“You want me to put Vaseline all over my head? You got to be kidding me!”
“There’s no way I’m putting Vaseline all over my head”
Yes, you can use Vaseline for head lice treatment. No kidding. Only if you want to rid these bugs from your hair.
Using Vaseline is among the famous home remedies for killing head lice.
There are a lot of products out there that you can purchase for head lice treatment. Some products require you to present a prescription and some can be purchased over the counter.
The only problem with these products is that a large number of them contain pesticides. Now, they can kill lice and some of them are really good too, but they are toxic products.
So, you have to be very careful when you use such a treatment, because if you are not cautious, then it may cause side effects.
Let me share an amazing fact with you
Some head lice have become resistant to some of the commonly used pesticides used in treatment.
Therefore, you may even end up wasting your money.
So…These are some of the reasons why people turn to home remedies to kill head lice.
Remember, there is no scientific evidence that Vaseline is safe and will remove the head lice completely. It’s a home remedy and if you like, you can try it out.
There are several home remedies, but I want to talk to you about Vaseline today that how you can use it to get rid of head lice.
What does Vaseline do? When you use Vaseline in your hair, you make it tough for the head lice to breathe and, thus, they end up dying.
Here’s How You Can Use Vaseline to Get Rid of Head Lice
- You need to cover the infested hair with Vaseline completely
- You have to then put a shower cap on. Make sure you cover your hair completely
- You must wear the cap overnight or for at least 8 hours. It will suffocate the head lice and they will die
- After you take off the cap, use a nit comb to remove the lice and nits
- Once done, you may go ahead and shampoo your hair. Remember, Vaseline will take a long time to come out. You may even have to shampoo your hair every day for about a week. Some people recommend using dish washing liquid to remove Vaseline from your hair.
- After you shampoo your hair, use the nit comb to remove any remaining nits. You will have to do this every day, persistently, for the next two weeks.
So…This is a non-toxic and pesticide-free way of head lice treatment. If you have lice, why not try Vaseline to get rid of them? It may make your hair a bit messy for a week or two, but it will definitely leave your hair lice free.